- Truck Tents
- Car & SUV Tents
- Camping Bundles
- Camping Accessories
- Replacement Parts
- Our Story
- Napier Nation
Truck Tents: Are They Worth The Investment?
Alyssa Gallop / March 2023
Are you a truck owner who loves spending time outdoors and is always on the lookout for the next adventure? If you’re considering a truck bed tent for your camping trips, you may be wondering if they’re worth the investment. Let’s take a closer look at truck bed tents, specifically Napier Truck Tents, and determine if they’re a worthy addition to your outdoor gear collection.
What are Truck Bed Tents?
Truck bed tents are a popular camping option for outdoor enthusiasts who own pickup trucks. These tents are designed to be mounted on the bed of a truck, allowing campers to sleep off the ground and take advantage of the extra space that their vehicle provides. Napier Outdoors is one of the leading manufacturers of truck bed tents, offering a range of products that cater to different types of campers.
Pros of Truck Tents
First off, it’s important to note that truck bed tents offer a budget-friendly option for those who want to elevate their camping experience without breaking the bank. With a truck bed tent, you’re able to sleep above the ground and enjoy a greater feeling of security while you snooze. Plus, you have more pitching options since you’re using your vehicle as the foundation.
- Easy to pitch: Napier truck tents are mounted on the bed of the truck, eliminating the need to search for level ground. The tents are easy to pitch and do not require any ladders or overhangs. They also take up the same space as your truck’s footprint.
- Utilize your pickup truck bed: With a Napier truck tent, you can easily convert your pickup truck bed into a comfortable sleeping space.
- Lightweight and compact: Napier truck tents are lightweight and easy to pack away into a small space.
- Sleep off the ground: Truck tents keep you higher and drier than other camping options. By sleeping off the ground, you are protected from damp or uneven terrain. Additionally, the built-in floor, full rainfly, and storm flaps in the windows and door of Napier truck tents keep you warm and dry, even in inclement weather.
- Protection from wildlife: Sleeping above the ground provides protection from smaller wildlife, and the truck can help shelter you from the wind.
- Versatile for hunting and fishing: Napier truck tents are a useful tool for hunting and fishing, allowing you to set up camp wherever you park your truck.
Cons of Truck Tents
But are truck bed tents worth it? The answer depends on your individual camping needs and preferences.
Unloading gear: You must unload all gear out of the bed of the truck each time you want to set up your tent. The exception would be possibly building up the bed above storage. This can be time-consuming and tedious, especially if you have a lot of gear.
Cannot Drive Away with Tent Set Up: You cannot drive away with a truck bed tent set up. Only slow short moves are feasible
Limited to Pick-Up Trucks: Your truck tent is limited to pick-up truck mounting only. If you own an SUV or a minivan, you won’t be able to use the same truck tent.
If you’re a frequent camper who values comfort, convenience, and budget-friendly gear, then a truck bed tent may be the perfect addition to your outdoor setup. And with Napier Truck Tents, you can trust that you’re investing in a high-quality, durable product that will last for years to come.
ABOUT NAPIER OUTDOORS
Napier Outdoors has been leading the industry in truck bed tent design and innovation for over 30 years. Napier was the first to revolutionize the camping industry with innovative and exciting Vehicle Tent concepts. Napier tents are versatile and easy to set up, making it a favorite among outdoor enthusiasts.
Napier distributes Vehicle Camping Tents to automotive manufacturers and retailers across North America, Europe and Australia. Napier Vehicle Tents are the number one selling Truck tents and SUV tents in the world!
SHOP TRUCK TENTS FROM NAPIER OUTDOORS
MORE FROM THE BLOG
At Napier Outdoors, we believe camping is more than just s'mores and campfire tales—it's an immersion into a world of scientific benefits for your body and soul. From giving your brain a much-needed screen-time break to boosting your mood with Mother Nature's magic, and even revitalizing your lungs with pure, oxygen-rich air, this blog explores the concrete benefits of outdoor adventures.